My engine overheats, what to see and how to do it?

Go down

My engine overheats, what to see and how to do it? Empty My engine overheats, what to see and how to do it?

Post by CDRBeThree Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Hello,

CDRBeThree allows you to see the engine temperature (coolant) to the nearest degree.

For V6 the circuit works thus: (source workshop manual Chrysler T&C 2004-2007)

Thermostat regulation at 97 ° C (initial opening at 104 ° C)
Motor-fan engagement at 30% at 104 ° C
Motor-fan regulation up to 99% at 110 ° C
Motor fan stop at 101 ° C

For the CRD the circuit works thus: (source workshop manual Chrysler T&C 2004-2007)

Thermostat regulation at 88 ° C (initial opening at 93 ° C)
Motor-fan engagement at 30% at 93 ° C
Motor-fan regulation up to 99% at 104 ° C
Motor fan stop at 93 ° C

My engine rises above 110 ° C?

No panic gasoline or diesel one can go up to 112 ° C without worries and sometimes on gasoline, one can go up to 117 ° C punctually.

What to do if the engine overheats?

When the needle passes 3/4, we deactivate the air conditioning. Indeed, the air conditioning produces heat which is cooled before the engine radiator. The heat from the air conditioning condenser therefore heats the engine radiator.
If the needle goes back down, you can activate the air conditioning again.

If the needle continues to rise, the heater should be turned on with the window open, aerator facing outwards while leaving the engine running. It is imperative that the coolant continues to circulate around the cylinders so that it does not come to a boil. When the needle drops below 3/4, you can add fresh;).

If this happens to you. Monitor the LDR temperature in CDRBeThree. If at stop the temperature rises excessively then it is difficult to go down while driving at more than 50km / h. the engine radiator must be checked, seen, cleaned or replaced.

Good road.

CDRBeThree
Admin

https://cdrbethree-us.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down